Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Los Angeles Juice Cleanse

Juice cleanses, fasting, being a vegan, or a vegetarian, diet after diet. Los Angeles is notorious for tiny women and men who don't eat anything because of the industry. I however am not one of those women, I live across the street from Porto's bakery and I can't resist going at least once a week to get something heavenly like a chocolate croissant! On Monday my roommate and I began Dr. Oz's three day juice cleanse. The thing about Jenny and I cleansing is that we're both Portuguese women who need actual food to survive, not a bunch of vegetables blended together to make a so called "smoothie." We're determined women and all of that but when it comes to pounding headaches and fainting spells we call it quits for some real food. So our juice cleanse lasted until last night when we gave in for some sweet potatoes and artichokes! Eating food last night was beautiful, Jenny described it as, "Us renewing our vows with food!"
 
 
Another wonderful thing in my life right now is that I will be attending the SAG Awards this year!! My fabulous roommate is the executive assistant for Jeff Margolis Productions, he is the producer and director of the SAG Awards. So thanks to my roommate this Sunday I will be sitting in the bleachers on the red carpet! I will be across the way from Access Hollywood's camera set up, so I will pretty much see everyone because the stars are morally obligated to stop and be interview by Giuliana Rancic! I couldn't be more excited, it's going to be an amazing to see my future flash before my eyes, I'm going to have to resist my Charlie's Angels happy dance.
 
 
In other news I have acquired yet another job, that's right I am now at a total of four jobs. I am a bridal consultant for David's Bridal, sales associate at Gap, weekend party entertainer, and now I am an employee at the small vintage store down the street from my apartment. Now when I say a small vintage clothing store I mean small like the employees are myself, my boss/owner of the store, and her dog Jule. The store is called The Age of Innocence, we have some pretty cool vintage clothing. It's not the most entertaining job but I'm making money and I wouldn't be doing anything else Tuesday and Thursday from 12-4.
 
I realize that I haven't talked about little Sophie is quite a while! You'll all be happy to know that she is doing just fine and she's still adorably small. I've also recently discovered that her one true love in life is water, her happy place is the sink.
 
 
Enjoy the rest of your day with thoughts of kittens in the sink,
Ashley
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment